Hungry, lazy and kinda pressed for time? Here’s a recipe that actually tastes really good and can be thrown together using simple ingredients!
- Box of Quinoa from your local 5 star exclusive market… (Walmart that is)
- 1/3 rd a box of penne pasta
- Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- Bell peppers
- Some black pepper
- Some red cayenne pepper
Whatever else in your fridge that needs to be eaten before it goes bad- you could use tomatoes, zucchini, squash, parsley- ok I’m sure you get the point by now
1. Follow directions on Quinoa box- pretty simple- boil water- pour food in water- wait 15 minutes or until there’s no more water- still occasionally blah blah blah. *i don’t add all seasoning that comes in box with Quinoa because I’m no health expert but I’m pretty sure any prepacked seasoning that comes with anything is pretty high in salt* If you like the seasoning though, add it all- hey no shame, I won’t tell your secrets
2. At the same time, boil water for pasta and try not to mess it up- nobody likes overdone or underdone pasta- not even you- don’t lie
3. Cut up the bell peppers and whatever else, throw in large bowl
4. When you’ve successfully cooked the quinoa and pasta without burning it or your house down, give yourself a pat on the back- you deserve it
5. Pour into bowl with vegetables
6. Grab some California olive oil and drizzle desired amount. I specify California olive oil because, well it’s a long story- but trust me
7. Cut open a lemon, pick out the seeds and squeeze accordingly
8. I ended up finding semi frozen rosemary in my fridge as well as kalamata olive juice and added those to the salad to give it a more Greek flavor. Opa!
9. Boom. Your done. That was so easy. You hardly had to do any work- like geeze did you even cook tonight? Of course you did, we both know you have pictures to prove it. HA.
Happy eating/food instagramming